Wednesday, February 07, 2007

More Clay goodies...

This button is made with small pieces of black clay that were torn and applied to scrap clay. once it was cured I then painted it with light grey acrylic paint and rubbed off the excess to give it a slate look.
I love making cabachons because I love to bead them lol. I had a neat looking stack of Makume Gane clay leftover from the button I made so I simply molded it into a cab shape and baked it. I think will buff it up so it has a nice sheen to it instead of sealing it as it would be all shiny. I like hte look of the matte clay on this one.
I have a cool stamp of small Geisha faces in squares ( 9 in all on the stamp) that I thought would be fun to make pins from so I took slices from a wood grain polymer clay cane I had made and pressed them into the stamps. After they were cured I painted them with brown acrylic paint which really made the images pop out. Going to add other things to them to make them into pins.(Will share the pics of them when I do) BTW, the stamp is from Stamp Magick.

And last but not least for today, I wanna share my box-o-beads that made this week. These are the result of one night's playtime. I used canes I made to decorate them with and tried to make sets of at least 4 each. Will share pics of the finished bracelets that I am going to make with them so you can see the designs better. Thanks to Donna Kato as she has beads on her site that got me inspired to make these!Love hers and if you haven't been to her site do so!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynn Anne said...

Wow...these look stunning. What a great output for one night's work
!

4/27/2007 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home