Wednesday, February 07, 2007

More polymer clay Buttons..

This one is approx. 1" long and was made from golden yellow clay. The impressions are ginko leaves. I painted the button with Deep Burgandy acrylic paint but it was still too light for what I wanted so I used some Burnt Umber paint next mainly in the impressions. I like the color now!
This one is the same size as the one above and it was made with white clay. I crumpled a piece of copy paper and impressed the creases into the clay. Once it was cured grey paint was used to accentuate the creases.
These were made with the Mokume Gane technique that had hunter green, burgandy and gold clays. The impression used was of an Asian script. The oval button design was made with the scraps that you cut off of the original Mukame Gane stack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home